Natanz Steel Company undertakes to reduce the environmental effects led by its activities and products to minimum by implementing appropriate methods and improving the operations constantly through observing general principles such as having conformity with laws and regulations, establishing and improving environmental management system effectively and constantly, having participation in reaching sustainable development, managing the products, appropriate monitoring and reporting, encouraging the suppliers and contractors to protect the environment and paying attention to social responsibilities about the environment.
Environmental Measures at the Time of Implementing Projects
- Essentially, this industry is a great consumer of steel wastes as the raw material for steel production that plays an important role in recycling steel wastes.
- Using natural gas and electric power as clean energy sources
- Installing and setting up filtering units of bag filter types for all parts of air pollutants
- Using close system of industrial water with equipped treatment plant for cooling products and equipments
- Establishing and setting up hygienic wastewater treatment plant by biological methods from activated sludge types and using its waste water to irrigate the green spaces.
Environmental Function of Natanz Steel Company
Environmental function of Natanz Steel Company could be classified into the following sections:
- Environmental policies adopted by Natanz Steel Company
- Developing plans to realize the purposes
Treatment and Recycling of the Wastewaters
In order to save resources and prevent pollution of the environment, this large industrial company refines all of its produced wastewaters and reuses them.
- Wastewater treatment of rolling lines
- Wastewater treatment of steel production line
- Treatment of hygienic wastewater
It should be mentioned that by executing a particular project it could be possible to reuse the existed wastewaters in the production line at the time of water deficit
Establishment, installation and development of air pollution control equipment
In order to prevent the pollutant from entering the environment, Natanz Steel Company has taken measures to mount air pollution control equipment including bag houses, scrubbers etc. It should be mentioned that filtering system of the steelmaking plant is the best equipped and most updated system of filtration.
An overview of the completed environmental projects in Natanz Steel Company
- The project of completing and promoting filtration systems of the steelmaking unit
- The complementary project and controlling the process of hygienic wastewater treatment for usage of green spances
The project of reforming the filtration system of the steelmaking unit
- The effects of executing the project of reforming the new filtrations on the environmental operations of the company in the steelmaking unit.
- By completing this project, a part of the dust made by the steel waste charge that was getting out of the roof was under control (the amount of output dust about 120 mgr/m3 was under control)
- Operating and maintaining the filtering systems became possible with significant flexibility
- By installing chimney and creating a new system for directing the dust, online sampling became possible.
- Public concerns which are sometimes incorrect and caused by the probable effects led by dust dispersion were removed from this area.
Recycling the wastewater to the production process
This was conducted by reforming and changing the hygienic treatment system and supervising on good performance of possibility to use the water in green spaces and agriculture that is itself the cause of reduction of water consumption.
Green Spaces and Vegetation
One of the valuable measures taken by Natanz Steel Co. is creating, developing and maintaining various plants appropriate with weather conditions. Selecting plant species of the region and analyzing the irrigation regimes and the effect of air pollutants on them were carried out based on the results of a typological research project on trees and shrubs.
More than %75 of the mentioned green space is irrigated by treated wastewaters and the majority part is carried out by drip irrigation system.